Building your own custom home will most likely be the biggest investment of your life. Just like with any other big purchase, it’s important to consider and re-consider every possible option that is available to you. John Falvella Construction Services offers home planning and building services to help you do just that.
Here are some important things to consider when you’re thinking about your new home.
- Lifestyle. The most important thing to take into consideration is the way you live your life. If your entire family likes to hang out in the living room, that room should obviously be the focal point of your design. Like to work on cars? Install a garage with plenty of usable space.
- Family Planning. If you’re going to have kids in the future, you might want to create a floor plan that accommodates the needs of small children, including a nursery and safe spaces where you can keep an eye on them.
- Room Placement. You don’t want your master bedroom to share a wall with your living room, and you also don’t want it to be right over your garage. Do you need all of that extra closet space, or would you rather have a separate bathroom or a larger laundry room?
- Storage. You’re going to need plenty of room for storage, so get creative with where you place your closets and cabinets!
- Costs and Materials. Spring for those marble counter tops if you want, but consider the added expense. And those beautiful vaulted ceilings? They can really bump up your costs. Be mindful of where the bulk of your money is spent, and prioritize your spending on what matters most to you. This way, your home will be functional as well as attractive
Call John Falvella Construction Services to help you through every step of your home building process, from blueprint to dream home. We offer free estimates and would love to help you consider all of your building options!