Proper framing is the unsung hero of every custom home build.
Here’s why framing is so important, and how John Falvella Construction Services does it right.
The Importance of Framing in Custom Home Building
If you ask someone what framing is, their answer will most likely contain a reference to “skeletons” or “bones.” That’s because framing is what gives buildings structure and shape. It keeps your walls upright, your floors steady, and your roof strong. It also creates unique architectural flourishes; makes space for doors and windows; and provides extra support for things like cabinets, ductwork, and recessed lighting.
When framing is done right, you won’t even notice it.
However, when it’s done poorly, you’ll definitely see the effects:
- Wood trim that can’t align properly because the wall corners aren’t square.
- Doors that keep sticking because the walls aren’t perfectly straight up and down (a.k.a. “plumb”).
- Skylights that persistently leak because the framing inserts were under-designed.
- Floors that constantly squeak because the subflooring was inconsistently glued and nailed.
…You get the idea.
This is why it’s critical to hire a custom home builder who uses qualified, experienced framing contractors who adhere to the industry’s highest standards.
Why John Falvella Construction Services Is the Superior Choice
- Clear communication with the architect. Our team has an in-house architect, which means our framing contractors have a direct line of communication with them. If questions or problems arise with the original blueprints, they’re handled efficiently and without confusion, leading to a premium finished product.
- Precise measurements. To ensure that your building is structurally sound, it’s essential for the framing measurements to be exact. Our licensed, bonded, and insured house framing contractors have the expertise to precisely measure your framing for long-lasting results.
- 40+ years of experience to draw on. Thanks to our decades in the construction business, we know how to avoid common framing mistakes like installing a strength axis in the wrong direction, not spacing panels and edge joints correctly, or overdriving fasteners into framing members.
Founded in 1983, we’ve built custom homes for happy clients in the lower Hudson Valley, Nassau County, Suffolk County, and beyond. To find out more about our expert house framing services and how they lead to higher property values and better outcomes, give us a call today!