Planning on designing your custom home, but not quite sure what the process should look like?
For folks who have never custom-built a home before, it might seem logical to do things in this order:
- Have an architect design your custom home plans.
- Bring those plans to a builder for a quote.
- Think about interior design last.
However, the above strategy often results in unforeseen complications.
See, if you work with an architect before finding a builder, you might come up with a breathtaking blueprint that unfortunately comes in way over budget–because you didn’t have a builder there to break down the costs for you. That means going back to the drawing board, paying your architect for substantial revisions, and slowing down the process considerably.
For that reason, most custom homebuilders agree that the best strategy is to assemble your dream team of builder, architect, and interior designer before you start drawing up plans. This way, as you work with your architect on blueprints, you’ll be able to check in with your builder and designer to ensure you’ll actually be able to achieve that vision within your budget. Your builder and designer will also be able to give their professional input on certain plans when appropriate.
And that brings us to what’s really cool about John Falvella Construction Services: We’re an all-in-one architect, builder, and designer!
In other words, we do things a little differently. When you work with our custom homebuilding firm, the whole process will be streamlined and collaborative. Each division works in concert to:
- Keep plan development on track.
- Give unique design ideas and construction insights based on our 38 years of experience in the trade.
- Offer cost-saving recommendations and swaps to keep you on budget.
- Incorporate universal design elements so your new home will be timeless.
- Get the ball rolling with necessary permits and approvals.
- And ultimately produce the custom home of your dreams!
Want to know more about our one-of-a-kind process? Book your consultation with us today!